Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pride Parade 2014

I had the immense pleasure to march in the Pride Parade with some of our GSA club members and faculty advisor.  We joined Utah Pride Center and other Utah QSAs and were one of the last to march (right before the giant rainbow flag). I was originally going to march with Mormons Building Bridges, so I just wore my MBB t-shirt as a compromise. We had a fabulous time!

During the march, a young man amongst the spectators held up a fabric banner which said, "Born This Way." I ran over to him and gave him a big hug, and he wrapped the banner around me and held me tight. I told him, "I know. I am so sorry. Thank you for being patient with us."

I really wanted to go to the festival and be part of the MBB "Hugged by a Mormon" booth. Due to some minor health issues, I was so wiped out by then and headed home. (Next year!)



Jimi Hendrix - Our club's mascot
who supervises our meetings.