Sunday, June 2, 2013

Utah Pride Parade Today

Today I am going to spend this beautiful Sabbath holding a Mormons Building Bridges banner while walking in the Utah Pride Parade in Salt Lake City. This I do to show my love and sincerity and hope for a peaceful future. 


My LDS friend made this beautiful sign. These are lyrics
from an LDS primary song written by an LDS woman for her
gay husband. Although she and her husband had divorced once
he came out, she continued to care for him and nursed him until
his dying day. 


Update: It was a beautiful spirit-filled day and probably one of the most love-filled Sabbaths I've experience.  Cheers and claps roared along the sides as spectators shouted thank-you's and tears streamed down faces of many. There were hugs and high-5's. I couldn't stop smiling and waving. 


That's me in the hat holding the sign above the "o."




Pride Video - Click HERE



Deseret News.
USNews
Salt Lake Trib
Buzzfeed with video on bottom